A caregiver is someone who regularly looks after a child, or an adult who is elderly, sick, or disabled. Caregivers often help with basic activities of daily living such as; bathing, dressing, using the toilet,shopping, transportation, cooking, housework, and personal skills, and walking. Also with basic instrumental activities of daily living such as, managing finances,and help with using a telephone to schedule appointments.
According to Pennsylvania state rules and regulations, all caregivers must meet specific requirements in order to be in compliance such as:
- Reference Checks
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Undergo a child abuse clearance
- Required to take and pass a competency exam (if not a C.N.A.) that shows that they have knowledge of their duties and responsibilities
- USCIS Employment Eligibility
- Required to have a 2 step PPD (Tuberculosis Test)
Aging with Comfort recognizes that all caregivers play a vital role in the lives of their clients. We appreciate and motivate them to be the best caregiver possible. We conduct yearly training’s to keep our caregivers up-to-date with today’s field and ensure that they are working in an environment that is suitable for them as well as the client.